Tying The Ascot Tie
Neckties come in a wide range of styles and cuts. Besides standard neckties and bow ties, men occasionally choose the ascot for their neck wear. The ascot tie looks like a wider and much shorter type of necktie. Traditionally it is tied much looser, and it is also not worn over the shirt, but tugged inside the collar with the top button unbuttoned. It reminds of a look that is half scarf and half necktie. To learn more on the history of this clothing item, how it got it’s name, and when to wear it, you may also want to read our article titled: “Ascot Ties“.
Ascot Tie Knot Instructions:
- Lay the tie around your neck with one hand hanging about 3-4 inches lower than the other. The “good side” should be showing at the front.
- Wrap the longer end around the other end.
- Wrap it all the way around.
- Take the tie and loop it through the gap between neck and half-tied ascot.
- Place the longer end of the ascot over the shorter end.
- Give it some final adjustment, and if this look is preferred, secure the ascot in place with a tie pin.
Your Cheap Neckties Team